Rules for School Bus Drivers
At our school, we pick-up our students to their nearest bus center location. We follow strict guidelines for transport, some of them are given below –
- The bus driver must carry a valid Driver’s License and an ID card issued by the school. The Diver must not exceed the speed limit beyond 40 Km/h.
- Driver must wear uniform and seat belt at all times while driving the vehicle.
- Strictly no smoking or driving under the influence.
- The drivers must undergo medical and physical test every year.
- The management and the bus drivers must inspect the vehicles regularly and perform routine maintenance check-ups.
- No school bus driver shall allow a passenger or other unauthorized person to operate the school bus at any time, nor shall any person except the driver be allowed to sit in the driver’s seat.
- No school bus driver shall leave the driver’s seat without first setting the brakes, shutting off the motor, placing the bus in gear, and removing the ignition key from he lock. The keys shall be kept in the driver’s possession.
- School bus drivers shall pick up only the students and persons designated by an authorized school pick-up center.
- School bus drivers shall be certain that all brakes, lights, stop signs, warning signal lamps, and other safety devices are working properly before starting on any trip and shall assure that the bus is equipped with a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher.
- School bus drivers shall immediately report any suspected malfunction or needed repair of the school bus in their charge.
Bus Rules for Parents
- Parents are requested not to enter school bus to see off and receive their wards.
- Parents should not try to overtake and stop the school bus to facilitate the boarding of their wards as this endangers the safety of the bus and its occupants. This act would lead to strict disciplinary action.
- Parents should not argue with the educators present in the bus or the conductor / driver. If there is any problem, a written complaint to the transport incharge should be given.